Gridded Plan
I drew out the actual size of walls, windows, roofs and doors in order to help me modelling. It has also changed the size of the walls that appear on the sketches below.
This is the inside of a tree. Since it's going to be modular I will keep it fairly simple but play with the trunk to at least make an illusion of it being natural.
Design
Modular design of a tree
The tree is the base and the corridor for the entire house/settlement. I tried to make it modular so majority of parts remains the same width and shares a lot of similarities. Two main things that will appear in every combination are the top and the bottom. Other parts are very similar to each other, some have holes (doorways) from which rooms emerge. The outside will probably be circular, the inside floors will be either circular, hexagonal or pentagonal. The main thing is that they should be symmetrical so each part can be rotated of flipped.
Modular design of rooms
These show the room structure. Walls and floor will be made from a cardboard box with tape or ducktape joining them together. The main and most important is the basic floor part and first two walls. Roofs will be done with sticks. There are also shown some windows as well as the different doors and exits. Additionally there may appear two lamp rooms hanging from branches and the flat lamp may be used instead of the roof for a normal room.
Exterior
If I will have time I will also design the outside/exterior of a tree. Ideally the tree is a tiny one, growing in a children sandpit. The exterior will be simple with several boundaries to choose from. The boundaries can also be mixed together to create a more varied surrounding. What I also want to achieve is that when character leaves the inside, it enlarges and sees the sandpit as normal.
*These additional walls in the picture are for the design above.
Furniture design
For my design, I rather want majority of things to be relatively similar size and because of that I'm going to create parts of furniture that normal people use in a vintage style as well as some DIY objects from tiny things, for example a bottle cap as a stool. This will make it so objects will vary from their realistic size.
Decorations and accessories
These just are more objects for the furniture that will add more to the coziness and the charm to the design. I may not create all of them in time since there is so much of them, but majority appears very simple. Here as well I will just make singular objects and maybe recolour some to create this variety.











