HA13 Task 6 - Prototype/Flythrough Build

Construct your environment within the 3D game engine, load in the relevant textures and experiment with the lighting and POV needed for the environment. Record the whole of your production process within your production log.

OR

Construct your environment within NewTek’s Layout, load in the relevant textures and experiment with the lighting and camerawork needed for the environment. Record the whole of your production process within your production log.
----------


I decided to create a level in the layout instead of Unity engine. That's the exterior I made by copying, pasting, rotating and moving the individual assets. I left other screens to show how it looks from these angles as well as show the stairs that have been put inside to be able to go from door to door.

The non-hollow tree parts were good for placing them as a boundary on the other side of the land. There is also a short tree just for visual purposes, it won't be a home.


Here's just a close-up to show the size of the doorways, and also the size of a 'character'. I haven't really measured the objects in relation to some existing 3D person, but I was measuring it in metres. The doorway is 2x3 metres big, the character doesn't have to be this exact size, and in real life doorways are usually bigger than an average person.


I placed copies of walls, floors and lollipop sticks that are the shingles and arranger them in the house that can be seen above. It has 2 rooms (no in room divisions, or at least not yet) and sort of a balcony that can be accessed via the ladder.


I finished the other room. This one is smaller and divided into two sections. I was struggling with rotating the sticks so instead I just threw some to seem like it's broken. Since the houses are supposed to be out of cardboard I think it fits, especially as the other room has a 'broken' part too.


That's how these houses look in comparison to the tree. The image next to it shows clearly all the stairs and rooms from different directions.


As I finished all the modelling, I began to place furniture into the building. I started from the balcony, using leafs as the resting long chairs (don't know the name for them). I also enlarged the bottle cap and minimized the cup (can't be seen clearly from there).


Another room is done, this one is supposed to be a living room.



And the next one. This is a dining room and a reading room as well.



There's another part of the house: bedroom and a bathroom. The bedroom is the only place where I have put a walnut shell, so far at least. I also placed some furniture on the bigger steps inside the tree trunk.


I placed a massive jar outside of the building just to add a little more interest to that area.


At last I placed several lighting bugs around the place to indicate where I will place the lights. I also placed and changed surrounding lights and checked how they look when rendered. Instead of black shadows I chosen purple.